If users are working with the HP LaserJet printer and suddenly face Paper Jam issues, then according to HP printer support professionals; it will probably display Paper Jam Error Codes 13.xx. Further these 13.xx error messages are expected to happen anytime and repairing these unexpected issues is completely possible. Different models will have different reasons for each Paper Jam error, but then troubleshooting tips for Paper Jam Error Codes 13.xx are surely available at the same.
Types of Paper Jam Error Codes 13.xx in HP LaserJet Printer
Type 1: 13.xx Paper Jam
After a thorough study by a professional HP printer technical support experts, this is a type of error where media is completely jammed at a certain location and possibly at other unknown locations. If still the message persists after clearing all the jams, then most probably a sensor or sensor lever may have got stuck or is broken.
Solution: For all types of jam messages, one should perform the following tricks:
- Remove the jammed print media from the particular location.
- Check for the entire paper path for other pieces of media in that path only.
- Open and then carefully close the top cover to easily clear off the message.
- Check for the appropriate sensors and flags in the paper path to perform a proper operation.
Type 2: 13.0 Paper Jam
This is a type of error where a non-specific paper jam has occurred in it.
- Remove all the available jammed media from the specific location.
- Verify carefully that the paper tray is properly closed.
- Inspect or even you can carefully replace the feed as well as the separation rollers.
- Ensure that there is no obstruction in the path, like a torn piece of paper.
- Open and then close the top cover of it to clear off the message.
Type 3: 13.1 Paper Jam Open Input Trays
This is a kind of paper-delay jam at the paper feed section.
- Ensure that all the paper trays are well loaded as well as adjusted in a proper manner to allow an easy access to feed from the tray.
- Carefully reduce the stack height of media located in the tray.
- Check carefully for the input area for various available obstructions such as media in the path.
- Verify that the media do meets all the required specifications.
- Check for the pickup feed as well as separation rollers for any kind of unusual wear. If so, then replace it as needed.
- Rotate the media carefully in the input tray by approximately 180°
Type 4: 13.10 Paper Jam Check Duplexers
This error is simply due to Jam at duplexer section
- Check for the duplexer carefully and its rear area of the printer for any type of obstructions or even any minute damage.
- Check for the duplexer for any type of proper operation given.
- Replace the duplexer if you think it’s a necessary step to perform.
- Check for the fuser as well for any kind of jamming issues.
Here every minute issue related to HP LaserJet printer has been resolved. Still, if you have any kind of unexpected error happening with the device, then do reach us at HP printer customer support section by dialing toll-free number +1-800-597-1052.