How to Fix Windows Update Errors – Make the Update Process Smooth and Error Free
Windows update tool is very helpful tool for computer operating system, this tool helps OS to perform well and protect computer from any internal and external problem.
It is very efficient function of any operating system in which it collect all the updates from Microsoft and after it install them when user shutdown the computer system or when user manually updates the windows. It is one of the best feature of Microsoft through which an operating system can perform fast and error free.
But sometime this useful feature cause many problems because of various reasons and that reasons are not in the control of any computer user.
Due to windows update error a computer start freezing while user try to installing the updates or computer gets hanged during the updating process. To get rid of this type of error you have to use your computer system properly.
Issue is caused by a Windows update?
- Make sure that updates are fully installed- If the installation process of Windows update gets frozen itself, you might see a “Configuring Windows updates”, “Preparing to configure Windows”, or any related message on the screen for a very long time.
- Make sure that the update that was installed a Windows update- There are many other software companies frequently push updates to your computer system through the installed software it is necessary to see before applying any windows updating troubleshooting that you are updating windows OS tools.. There are many companies that do this such as Adobe (Reader, AIR, etc.), Oracle (JAVA), Mozilla (Firefox), Apple (iTunes), and more.
Error codes that the Component Based Servicing (CBS) interface methods return
- 0xf0801 CBS_S_BUSY operation is still in progress
- 0xf0802 CBS_S_ALREADY_EXISTS source already exists, now copy not added
- 0xf0803 CBS_S_STACK_SHUTDOWN_REQUIRED servicing stack updated, aborting
- 0xf0800 CBS_E_INTERNAL_ERROR Reserved error (|); there is no message for this error
- 0xf0801 CBS_E_NOT_INITIALIZED session not initialized
- 0xf0802 CBS_E_ALREADY_INITIALIZED session already initialized
- 0xf0803 CBS_E_INVALID_PARAMETER invalid method argument
- 0xf0804CBS_E_OPEN_FAILED the update could not be found or could not be opened
- 0xf0805CBS_E_INVALID_PACKAGE the update package was not a valid CSI update
- 0xf0806CBS_E_PENDING the operation could not be complete due to locked resources
- 0xf0807 CBS_E_NOT_INSTALLABLE the component referenced is not separately installable
- 0xf0808 CBS_E_IMAGE_NOT_ACCESSIBLE the image location specified could not be accessed
- 0xf0809 CBS_E_ARRAY_ELEMENT_MISSING attempt to get non-existent array element
- 0xf080A CBS_E_REESTABLISH_SESSION session object updated, must recreate session
- 0xf080C CBS_E_UNKNOWN_UPDATE named update not present in package
Windows Update not working?
If you are unable to update your computer’s windows due to whatever reason then first find the reason of this because there are different solutions for different reasons. So it is necessary to find the reason first and after that you have to find the solution of reason.
- Wait for approximately 30 minutes while the updates are getting configured.
- Make sure that the light of the hard disk is consistently blinking or not.
Fix Windows Update using batch file
To do this, follow the below given steps:
Step 1: Open Notepad and paste the below given text in it.
@ECHO OFF echo This script is intended to stop Windows Update being COMPLETELY and UTTERLY rubbish echo. PAUSE echo.attrib -h -r -s %windir%\system32\catroot2 attrib -h -r -s %windir%\system32\catroot2\*.* net stop wuauserv net stop CryptSvc net stop BITS ren %windir%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.old ren %windir%\SoftwareDistribution sold.old ren “%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\application data\Microsoft\Network\downloader” downloader.old net Start BITS net start CryptSvc net start wuauserv echo. echo Windows Update should now work properly. Thanks Microsoft. echo. PAUSE
Step 2: After it, save this text file as Fix.bat and save it to the desktop.
Step 3: Now, you have to run this batch file. Right-click on Fix.bat file and choose Run as Administrator.
Step 4: At last, reboot and run Windows Update again.
Delete files in Software Distribution
First of all you have to stop the Windows Update Service and Background Intelligent Transfer Service.
To do this, open the command prompt with admin privilege. Type “win+x” and select the command prompt (admin).
After it, run the below given commands one by one.
net stop wuauserv
net stop bits
These commands will turn off the Windows Update Service and Background Intelligent Transfer Service.
Next, delete the files in C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution.
Navigate to the ‘C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution’
Press ctrl+A to select all of the files and press Delete
If you are unable to delete all the files from the folder then reboot your PC, and try again.
After erasing the entire file from the folder, restart your PC.
Now, you have to turn on the Windows Update services by executing the below given commands using the command prompt (admin):
net start wuauserv
net start bits
At last, try to update your Windows System or Laptop.
Change your System’s DNS
In order to fix the Windows Update Issue, follow the below given steps:
1: Open the Network and Sharing Center, to do this right click on the network icon present at the bottom right corner and select Network and Sharing Center.
2: Now, in the left pane, click on the Change adapter settings and find your network connection, right click it and select Properties from the menu.
3: Choose Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click on the Properties.
Step 4: After it, choose Use the following DNS server addresses and enter 22.214.171.124 as Preferred DNS server and 126.96.36.199 as Alternate DNS server. Click OK to save changes.
So, you have changed the DNS server of your computer. Now, try to update your Windows system.
Few Other Fixes for Windows Update Error
- To fix this type of error you have to correct the date and time of your computer system. By doing this you can able to update your windows, simply launch date and time window by double clicking on time. After updating your date and time restarts your computer and try to update windows.
- Registry error can also affect your windows and make tit unable to update your computer. We know that system stores all the application related information in registry file. If your computer has some inappropriate or incorrect registry then resulting windows is raising this error. To fix registry error apply any best registry repair and cleaner tool and restart your computer.
- Un-updated windows driver can also affect the windows update process; update your old windows driver. Search any driver updater tool on the internet and use it to update your computer drivers.
- Computer Malware can also affect the windows update process so it is necessary to remove all computer malwares from your computer by using any malware removal tool. Computer malware can able to damages several system settings, registry settings and other system settings.
If you are unable to fix windows update error or you are unable to try any manual method then you can also apply any third party Fix HP Computer Error Codes and Messages this tool can able to fix all types of error related to windows because this tool is strongly programmed and any one can easily use this repair tool because this tool provides very easy user interface.
So if you are unable to apply any manual method due to lack of technical knowledge then this tool will help you to repair windows update error because it not need technical knowledge to operate this tool. So it is the best option to fix windows update error.